24.6.11

Mm. Roasty. // ONE DAY.


Perfect for a snack or along with a meal... asparagus. Fresh and local, I decided to roast it.

Oven preheated to 400 degrees F. I spread just a little over a pound of asparagus out on a cookie tray, drizzled with olive oil, sprinkled with salt and pepper, and roasted in the oven for about 17. minutes. Took the asparagus out, sprinkled with shaved parmesan cheese roasted for about thirty more seconds to melt the cheese properly, then scarfed it all up nom nom!!

Super yummy.

After a busy, tiring day at work, it was great to come home, throw in the asparagus and have a yum-yummy snack. Then I met up with mom and my aunt for dinner at a local Mexican restaurant and homemade rhubarb-syrup margaritas. YUM. :)

--

I just curled up a read a few chapters of the book One Day, which is going to HAVE TO BE my Bibliophile Friday book... I had never heard of it until I saw that Focus Features (a favorite of mine; I pay attention to everything they do) is releasing a film in August starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess. I can't wait! But I started to read the book and I'm absolutely hooked.


The plot centers around two characters, Emma Morely and Dexter Mayhew, who meet the day they graduate from college and become friends for several years afterward. The book catches up with them on the same day every year for the next twenty years as they navigate life and their relationship (definition?) with one another. It's absolutely wonderful. Of course it's a romance, but author David Nicholls is totally on his game. It's hilarious, witty, ironic, sad, and beautiful. And the characters are so real -- their story could belong to ourselves or anyone we know; it's one of the few books where I've read the characters and thought, "I totally know how this feels. I get this."

Definitely a little more moving than your typical beach read, but more hilarious and lighthearted than a lot of Literature with a capital L. Highly recommended. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment