2.6.11

Kangaroostaurant!

I'm a sucker for trying new places to eat. I was super psyched to hear about a new new lunchtruck, "cookery on wheels," opening in town, called Kangaroostaurant. A maaaajor reason it seemed worth trying is its obvious commitment to local, healthy, and humane foods. I met up with my mom to try their pulled beef sandwich and the vegan black bean and portabello mushroom burger. Both were sooo yummy.



And via Kangaroostaurant, I discovered a brand of dairy products I hadn't heard of before called Red Barn Family Farms. Local, humane, and yummy. Three musts, I think.



Not to mention that Kangaroostaurant serves its lunches in biodegradable/compostable packaging. All of it! Edible or compostable! Like it never existed at all. That's what it should be like all. the. time.

ON A TOTALLY SEPARATE NOTE:



I constructed my very first insalata caprese of the season! I have two varieties of basil growing out back -- one green, the other a deep purple. Both smell and taste amazing. Mixed some together with freshly sliced mozzarella, tomato, salt, pepper and a ton of olive oil, and I had a pretty stellar after-work snack.

It's been a good food day. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment