4.8.11

Cleaning house.

Is there really anything like the particular feeling of accomplishment that comes from cleaning one's house? My apartment goes through varies phases of unkemptness -- especially, as any pet owner can attest, with two animals that shed crazily this time of year. Sometimes I consider all the chinchilla fur I'm vacuuming up and I wonder how it's physically possible a chinchilla can even have that much fur. Add cat fur to the mix and I have to vacuum almost every day. Sad. Those pet roller things are my best friend, although to cut down on the waste they inevitably produce, I've repurposed an old bristle hairbrush for some of the fur-getting. Soo... I spent the afternoon, once I was out of work, tidying up, and I feel so much more at ease in an apartment that is clean and neat. There's just no underestimating what it's like to climb into a freshly-made bed, or sit at a kitchen table that isn't cluttered with work schedules, library books and mail.

Anyway. It's been a long few days, but I've got the next two off and I'm headed to Iowa. What is in Iowa? This place. In Iowa City. Mom and I are going on a road trip to visit it. And we'll probably stop places along the way that strike our interest. What can we do with a 12 hour round-trip drive to the mid-midwest in two days? We'll just have to wait and see...

And yes, South Korea is still happening!
At least I'm working toward it happening. I've got a phone interview scheduled with a recruiter in the beginning of next week, so I have plenty to read about and prepare for. Can't wait to get that out of the way and move on to what's next!

Foodie, foodie: I've got some kale (I'm not a huge fan of kale, but I might try to make some pesto) and some yellow summer squash, so I'll figure something to do with those next!

No comments:

Post a Comment